The Critical Thinking Education Group (CTEG), seeks
to promote lifelong critical thinking and learning, with an emphasis
on teaching critical thinking in all levels of education.
Toward this objective
- Define critical thinking as the cognitive
strategies employed to rationally evaluate information for its
potential usefulness and accuracy.
- Seek to generate interest in
learning and applying critical thinking to consumerism, politics,
problem solving, and other aspects of life.
- Compile and maintain a library of resources such
as curricula, classroom materials and demonstrations, and
references for evidence based teaching of critical thinking.
Plan of Action
- Make people aware of the
Critical Thinking Education Group and what CTEG can do for them
- Speaking with like-minded
- Giving talks at conferences
- Having a voice in the media
- Maintaining a web presence
- Determine the needs of
teachers for the teaching of critical thinking
- Maintain an easily-referenced
library of resources
- Encourage teachers to form their own grassroots